I created this site because I value the energy, influence and creativity that new teachers bring to our field. You are our future! Since I have many, many years of experience, I am well-versed in current practices, challenges and expectations of beginning teachers. I had mentors, experts and friends who helped me throughout my career. We all need support, and we need to share our expertise with our colleagues.
Professionally, here are some of my experiences:
· Teacher and administrator in both general education and special education
· Assistant Superintendent of Schools for Curriculum and Instruction
· Leadership and professional development roles in the Strategic Instruction Model (University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning)
· Online course development and instruction in higher education
· Instructional coaching
· State leadership in teacher preparation programs
· Educational publications
I hope this site offers you support, encouragement and concrete ideas on the fundamental practices of teaching. Our students will thrive if they have competent and motivated teachers who believe in the potential of every child. Thanks for sharing this space with me and for gifting your talents within your school community.